ZIONSVILLE ATHLETIC BOOSTER CLUB –
The ZABC is a non-profit volunteer organization dedicated to enhancing the athletic experience for our middle and high school students both on and off the athletic fields of play. The ZABC’s main goal is to provide funding for equipment, uniforms, medical supplies and any other supplies required to offer first-class athletic programming to our students at ZCHS, ZMS and ZWMS.
FUNDING FOR ATHLETICS
– While the funding formula for the athletic department is somewhat complicated, the simplified version breaks down funding into three main sources:
1. ZCS General Fund – Provides monetary support for athletic programs by paying for coaches’ stipends, facility maintenance and custodial services and some capital projects (new construction). Program support fees and any fees charged for the rental of athletic facilities go directly into the General Fund.
2. Transportation Budget – Provides most of the funding for athletic related trips to opposing schools.
3. Athletic Department Budget – Provides funding for all athletic department expenses including some transportation costs, uniforms, medical supplies, equipment, athletic workers, tournament entry fees, officials and any other supplies. The athletic department budget is supplied by ticket sales, concessions revenues, sports pass sales and ZABC contributions.
The ZABC raises its funds through:
Memberships program (see “Membership Form” below)
Community outreach events (“Eagle Fest” and “Eagle Madness”)
All ZABC proceeds, minus the ZABC Scholarship, are donated to the ZCHS, ZMS and ZWMS athletic departments for areas where the Athletic Directors suggest they could best be utilized.
ZABC SCHOLARSHIP – Each year, the ZABC also gives two $1,250 non-renewable scholarships to two deserving ZCHS student-athletes (one male, one female) to be used at accredited colleges and universities. This tradition began in 1998 and has rewared and fostered the growth of our student-athletes as they transition to postsecondary education.
HOW TO HELP – We encourage you to help our student-athletes in MANY ways. Here are a few examples:
1. Attend ZCS sporting events
2. Attend the ZABC outreach events (Eagle Fest and Eagle Madness)
3. Join the ZABC through a family membership
4. Become active in ZABC as a volunteer
All interested ZCS community members are welcome to attend the monthly ZABC meetings held on the 2nd Monday of each month at 6:30pm in the LGI room at ZCHS! For more information contact ZCHS Athletic Director, Greg Schellhase, at email@example.com
or ZMS & ZWMS Athletic Director, Kelly Antcliff, at firstname.lastname@example.org.